You have found the partner you want to spend your life with, but you may not be ready to have a baby, just yet…
So what now?
First, how far away are babies for you 3 months, 6 months or 12 months?
Are you currently on the pill or any hormonal contraceptive?
Did you know…..
It takes a minimum of 3 months (but realistically more like 6-12 months) after coming off the pill to realign your body and hormones, including knowing what the heck is happening with your menstrual cycles, before your body is even ready to consider having a baby.
Post birth control syndrome
Post birth control syndrome, can happen after coming off the pill (or any hormonal contraceptive, really!) and the onset can be anywhere from 4-12 weeks after stopping hormonal contraceptives. Some of the symptoms include:
- Irregular Periods – short cycles, heavy or painful periods
- Loss of Period (called Amenorrhea) – 3-6% of women may never see their period after using the pill
- Altered Body Composition – weight gain, change in breast size, difficulty losing weight
- Mood Fluctuation – depression & increased anxiety
- Digestive Upset – diarrhea, constipation
- Hormonal Changes – infertility, hypothyroidism, adrenal dysfunction and for some women completely new symptoms they never had before
- Inflammation & Immune Imbalances – getting colds more often
- Hair Loss – due to the anti-androgenic effect of the pill, many women can experience hair loss or hair thinning
- Acne – maybe you had it before going on the pill and it can return with a vengeance – Yikes!
If you’re planning to start playing the baby making game in the next 12-months, you should consider coming off ALL hormonal contraceptives (including the pill) so you can understand your body’s signs and symptoms in time for conception!
Side note: if your hormones are all over the place…..it’ll be hard to get your mojo in check so you even feel like baby making!
Post Birth Control Syndrome, can feel like you’re running up a hill when it’s time to start conceiving. Hormone balancing can take 3 months post-pill, with the RIGHT support and information of course!
For more information about the Myths of Birth Control Pill and Steps you can take to naturally reclaim your hormone health and BOOST your fertility check out Dr. Antoinette’s Post-Pill Guidebook.